Skip to main content

ETC545: Instructor¹s 2nd Notes for Module 1

(Same messages posted to Twitter, BBLearn e-mail, & Discussion board)

 

I hope everything is well with you on your side.  I thought I should post the 2nd Module 1 Instructor’s Notes to help us to enhance our learning since the 1st instructions are critical to the online learning. A few great questions were asked.  I consolidated below to share with you.

 

Read them carefully and use them to guide and to support your course activities.

 

·      DUE: 08/11, Midnight, Thursday

o   1st posting period for Module 1 discussions: Respond to ALL SEVEN KEY discussion questions.

o   Use “Reply” button to post your responses to the original key questions respectively. Avoid creating any new threads; therefore, our discussion board/threads would be easier for us to follow.

o   Participate Digital Interaction Survey for KEY 1 to help you to understand what effective online interactions are. Log in your NAU/Gmail first to participate the survey.

·      Q & A

o   Q: What time of the date the required instructions are due?

§  A: Midnight of the due date, unless specified.

o   Q: Can we e-mail you at chih.tu@nau.edu?

§  A: Yes, please feel free to e-mail me at my NAU e-mail.  I check my NAU e-mail account more often.

o   Q: It looks like we can visit ETC545 course instructions at https://sites.google.com/site/etc545/ without visiting BBLearn.

§  A: Yes, Most of course instructions can be accessed on ETC545 Google Sites. Overall, module discussions, e-mails, and grade book are located on BBLearn.  The rest of instructions are on Google Sites to implement the Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Open Network Learning Environment (ONLE) designs. 

o   Q: What is the length requirement for the discussion posts? Bullet points acceptable?

§  There is no specific length requirement. Generally, to address each question thoroughly.  Be thorough is the key.  It is not in a paper length.  One paragraph probably is hard to address the question and justify our arguments etc.   Thorough and arguments are justified are the main keys. I am sure we have many reflections, observations and examinations that we could share with the class.  Bulletin points are fine but through and comprehensive are the keys.

o   Q: Do I need to cite the text in any of the discussion posts?

§  A: Highly encouraged but not required.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 JOBS

Distance Education Director:  http://aect-jobs.careerwebsite.com/c/job.cfm?site_id=136&job=33621974&utm_source=weekly-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=new-job&utm_campaign=jobseeker-job-alerts Instructional Technology Support:  http://aect-jobs.careerwebsite.com/c/job.cfm?site_id=136&job=33515201&utm_source=weekly-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=new-job&utm_campaign=jobseeker-job-alerts Curriculum Designer:  http://aect-jobs.careerwebsite.com/c/job.cfm?site_id=136&job=30843708&utm_source=weekly-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=new-job&utm_campaign=jobseeker-job-alerts Spanish-Speaking Teachers:  https://www.sarahsspanishschool.com/teacher-applicants-page

JOBS

Instructional Designer:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000325003-01?cid=ja LEARNING AND TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES CENTER SUPERVISOR:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000325046-01?cid=ja Instructor/Advisor and Instructor:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000323612-01?cid=ja Instructional Support Laboratory Technician III:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000324965-01?cid=ja Instructional Design Librarian:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000324970-01?cid=ja Executive Director-Center for Distance Education:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000324922-01?cid=ja Executive Director-Center for Distance Education:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000324922-01?cid=ja Director of Continuing Education and Community Outreach:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000324949-01?cid=ja